Saturday, April 17, 2010

Festival of Tulips




































These were SO pretty!  I want to plant these with some russian sage at my own house some day.  The colors were amazing!















I think during the summer this bridge is covered in pretty flowers and colors.



Can you see the heart?



THERE IT IS!!



If you look closely most of the flowers had hearts in them!



Some of them had multiple hearts in them!



These were of course my favorite because the colors were SO vibrant!



We tried to take a picture of us w/ the flowers... this is one of many attempts. lol



We figured it out...  While we were busy taking pictures of ourselves we were asked by a man with a professional camera if he could take our picture.  Of course we said ok! LOL but then he comes up to introduce himself and I'm ever the pessimist and think he's going to sell us our picture, but he was from the Salt Lake Tribune and said we might have our picture in the paper!!!  WATCH OUT AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL!  WERE COMIN!!  lol  I called mom and told her to gear up because we were going to become celebrities! lol















I was informed by Alli that it's not a picture if I don't do the Shakka.






























We decided to sit and just relax on the grassy hill for a while.  We watched moms and dads play with their kids, one dad was even rolling down the hill with his children it was so precious to watch!  Alli and I both agree that if we ever get married we want men who will play with our babies!  Of course I want a man who will play with me AND my babies because I can't watch people have fun and not get in on the action!


















Alli was singing this annoying song all morning "tip toe, through the tulips" and so we had to take a picture of her tip toeing through the tulips! lol













I had so much fun today with Alli!!  We decided yesterday to go to the tulip festival and I'm so glad we did!!  Today was the perfect weather, probably around 75 degrees and just the right amount of a breeze.  We were there for probably 2 or 3 hours and I'm certain I'll have a farmers tan after all this but it was so worth it.  It cost us $10 to get in but it was so worth it.  For all the land and flowers they have it probably costs about as much as they get to maintain the place.  I'm grateful for a friend who is so much fun to hang around with!  THANKS ALLI!!



No comments:

Post a Comment