Sunday, April 4, 2010

I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES!!




Today is Easter Sunday, and I'm sitting with my parents in Rawlins, WY listening to Prophets, Apostles, and Teachers, remind us, correct us, educate us.  What a better day to listen to these men and women than on Easter Sunday.  I found a video on Youtube of Elder Holland speaking on Easter.  That man, whenever he bears testimony touches my spirit in a way that is humbling.  I feel like a missionary again when I listen to Conference, sitting in a chapel with my companion and feeling so loved by my Savior and Heavenly Father.  Thank goodness for a gospel that teaches us to be like our Savior daily.  I thank my God for a modern day Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson who leads and guides us.  God loves us (his children) so much that he will never leave us in the dark.  Just like in biblical times, a Prophet speaks to God, receives revelation for the whole earth.  I thank my God for the power of the Priesthood and the example of a Father who uses his and is worthy of his priesthood.  A man of God who was taught by goodly parents.  I have a Mother who been the best example to her only daughter on how to sustain a husband in his priesthood and I look forward to one day being able to do the same and to be an example to my children just as my parents have been to me.  I'm thankful for Brothers who are all worthy to hold their priesthood and who lead and guide their own children in the right ways of the gospel, and their wives who love and care for them in every way who help them be worthy of their priesthood, even a brother who is yet to have children but who has a wife that sustains him in every way while they wait for that blessed gift of giving life to some of our Heavenly Fathers Children.  I strive daily to be like Christ and realize I fall short every day, but thank goodness for the Atonement and a new day because we have that to help and sustain us in trying again and again.
Happy Easter Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment