This was right before we went into the crow to throw colors.
This was right after we walked into the crowd and people started throwing color at us, and we started throwing it at each other!
Alli, Liz, and I covered in color!

There were 10 thousand people while we were there in the morning, and 18 thousand in the afternoon. Each color bag was $1.50... you do the math... I bought 6, Rafael bought 6, Liz bought 9, and Alli bought 3... If everyone bought even 3 bags... LOADS of money!!
Sorry it's sideways... I couldn't flip it on here...
There were people crowd surfing while we were waiting for the color throwing.
The girl behind me with the colors stuffed in her shirt and the boy sitting next to here that my head is covering were petting the back of my head with color randomly. It was pretty funny. This is the type of place where you can't get offended where people either randomly touch you or throw color at you. :-)
Alli wore her hat to help her with her contacts.
Down in the pavilion they were doing indian dancing and singing.
Alli and I were sitting there innocently when after Rafael and Liz took off for a while so she could go buy more color, they came up behind us and dumped a WHOLE BAG of purple on my head! This was the aftermath...
This is my arm while we were waiting to throw colors.
Right after me and the rest of the 10,000 people threw the colors!!
Here's what the bags of color looked like, this one was purple.
The colors were scented but they sure didn't taste good!!
I decided to get Rafael back and plant a pink handprint on his face!
This is what the temple looked like when we were leaving...
We said Rafael looked like a creature from a horror movie, so he posed for us.
So this was the festival of colors. It all started (from what I can remember) where a woman who was evil was burning babies, but she would claim she couldn't get burned and go in the fire with them and then would step out unharmed until one day she was going to burn a 5 year old boy who was always preaching of God. She claimed she couldn't be burned but when she took him in to get burned she is the one who died and he walked out un-harmed. That's what the bon fire is for, but the colors is to represent spring and all things that are bright and beautiful. It was so much fun! I can't wait to do it again next year!!!











































































You know what's sad? That is right by where I grew up, and I've never even been!
ReplyDelete